Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Friday, February 18, 2005

Amber Alert Hoax


Amber Alert Hoax
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.

Last night a friend (Dee Hill) sent me this message and asked that I forward it to everyone in my address book. Read the following message and you'll know why I, and all the others before me, forwarded this Amber Alert on.

The message read: We have a store manager (Wal-Mart) from Longs, SC who has a 9 year old daughter who has been missing for two weeks. Keep the picture moving on.

I'm asking you all, begging you to please forward this e-mail on to anyone and everyone you know, PLEASE. My 9 year old girl, Penny Brown is missing. She has been missing for now two weeks. It is still not too late. Please help us. (Then they leave an e-mail address for contact).

Who in their right mind wouldn't forward this cry for help on? Lots of us did....but

It was a cruel hoax!

Another friend (Bill Canfield) immediately e-mailed me back after he received my Amber Alert forward. He said: "I know you'll think I'm hard as nails but this is a HOAX." And then he gave me a site where you can go and check "truth or fiction" internet stuff that we all receive at different times on a variety of subjects. The site is www.snopes.com

Click on the link and type in Penny Brown in the "search box" and read the report on this subject.

A thumb's up to Dee Hill for having the heart to send the Amber Alert, and another thumb's up to Bill Canfield for knowing about the Snopes site. This is the power of blogging.

For everyone who forwarded the Amber Alert Hoax , click on the e-mail icon at the bottom of this post and forward this article to everyone you originally sent to. Then have them do the same so the next time we receive an Amber Alert we can check to see if it's real. Some kid's life may depend on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home