Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Monday, March 07, 2005

Presho, South Dakota


presho south dakota
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.
I shot this photo in South Dakota last summer on our way home from a trip to Colorado and Wyoming.

The "models" in the photo are my youngest, Karen (8 years old) and my wife, Linda (never mind years old) hehehe.

Thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

Mark Swan

I did, and so will the folks in Presho, New York. They now have a "sister city!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left us hanging.Why was that town named Presho???

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mistake. I keep forgetting I have readers from around the area, country, indeed the world. I get a little tunnel visioned on publishing just for Lindley eyes.

"Presho" is a hamlet of Lindley. And Lindley isn't very big, so that makes Presho even smaller. To see that another Presho exists is a curiosity to us.

Our Presho was named after "Thomas J.Presho" who was instrumental in getting a railroad switch by his store, which from time to time was lengthened until it was nearly a mile in length. T.J. Presho was a well known businessman in the northern part of Lindley during the mid to late 1800's. It was fitting that the hamlet was eventually named after him.

Why the South Dakota "Presho" was so named, will remain a mystery.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home