Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Ten Commandments


The Ten Commandments
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.

"Putting up displays of the Ten Commandments in government buildings has become a popular way to test the limits of the First Amendment. The displays' backers, who will argue their case before the Supreme Court today, say they are not challenging the separation of church and state, just acknowledging God's authority in a way the founding fathers would have appreciated. They're wrong, and the court should order the displays removed."

Note from Sallyann: I can't begin to tell you how this angers me. Expect a response from me in a few days after I compose myself.

Click on the "Ten Commandments" headline to read the rest of the New York Times editorial. Grrrrrrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home