Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Get Well Shawn and Dick


Get Well
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.
Note from Sallyann:

This "Get Well Card" goes out to Dick Johnson, Lindley Road Superintendent and Shawn Semple, son of Harold Semple, Town Supervisor. Dick had prostate surgery last week and we're thinking about him and wishing him a good recovery. I understand he had the surgery at Arnot Ogden in Elmira. Also Shawn Semple is in Robert Packer in Sayre. His kidneys stopped functioning last week and he is on dialysis at present and they are hoping for his kidneys to start functioning again. I'm sure Shawn and Dick would appreciate receiving cards and good wishes. Please send cards to:

Town Hall
Route 15
Lindley, New York 14858
c/o Dick Johnson and Shawn Semple

Get well soon.Our hearts and prayers are with you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sources tell me Dick's expected to arrive home today from the hospital. Welcome home Dick.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could someone who knows give us an update on Shawn's condition. We are very concerned.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Received the most un-expected email this morning from Eileen (Johnson)Dick Johnson's sister and thought I'd pass it on.

Eileen said, "I am on the net often and love news from home... Although we do have a home on Waneta Lake in the summer months...so we live there in the area from May till Oct... no place like where you hung your hat growing up!!! I always loved the lake areas.
Yes, I remember your grandpapa Liston....wasn't he a carpenter? He lived right there by the old schoolhouse... isn't that schoolhouse where Wilma Welty first taught after her training? I know she later taught at the one room school house there on RyersCreek Rd,,Lumber City School #5 ( I think #5..)
... cause she taught me for 6 years, taught Dickie till the Lindley-Presho School opened ....
Another story ... Dickie always sang the newest Christmas song of the season at our Lumber City Christmas Play night.... He did such songs as I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth,when he was actually missing his 2 front teeth.... Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer... He could really belt them out...He had the carrot top red hair with an Alfalfa tuff sticking up in the back... which my mom would almost tape down.. and it would still pop up again...
Now Wilma would have some stories for you... Can you believe one room, all 6 grades and about 6 learning impaired students who needed a lot of special attention, not to even mention she was the fire keeper, house keeper,etc..... she was a teacher who should have been named Teacher of The United States.... wow... I know Dick Peer has done a couple articles on her...she deserved every bit of recognition and then some.... I have such fond memories of her..."

Thanks Eileen for your note. I hope Dick reads your comments. I just know they'll cheer him up. But the best part is, we've got some good "stuff" to tease him with now. So guys, you know what to do when Dick gets back in the saddle again...sing him a few lyrics! And you're absolutely right about Wilma Welty....what a great teacher. We had the best, didn't we.... Thanks again, Eileen.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home