Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Vietnam-The War We Could Have Won


vietnam war
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.
Since the end of the Vietnam War I've read hundreds of articles giving various reasons why the United States failed so miserably trying to liberate the Vietnamese people from an oppressive Communist regime. Most of those articles were written by "psuedo-historians" who were vehemetly opposed to the war and wanted to make sure history recorded only their version as gospel. As usual, the public's interest was forsaken. It was difficult to find an objective overview of "just what did happen in Vietnam." Until I came across this article by Stephen Morris from the New York Times. Read it (by clicking on the headline), and I think you will discover that after all these years we are finally getting to the truth of the matter about US involvement in Vietnam. The picture I posted along with this article is one of the most moving Vietnam related photos I've ever seen. The bitter angst of the Vietnam Vet is clearly portrayed here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam: I thought it impossible myself--one of the reasons I posted it. I'm not familiar with Stephen Morris. Maybe the Times is grooming him as another token conservative columnist. He had a lot of new information that I wanted to share.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home