Link Red-StaterWisdoms

Red-StaterWisdoms explores the differences between the Red and Blue states on social, personal and political issues.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Watson Creek Schoolhouse-1929


Watson schoolhouse
Originally uploaded by Sally Ann.
Hi Sally -Cooler in my computer room tonight so thought it was time to send
something of local interest again. Elaine Toby removed this photo from her
album so I could scan it. This is the school that Elaine attended.on Watson
Creek Road -It was on the corner of Kittel Road and Watson Creek Road. In
this photo, the creek has overflowed its banks. I believe this is the only
missing school photo in the Lindley history.
Kitty

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally,
Dont forget a little history being made with the groundbreaking for the new Town Garage today. I cant make it, unfortunatley, but I hope you get lots of pictures. Wondered if local news was contacted as well. Big thing for the town!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep....both papers were notified to cover the ground breaking ceremony today. I'll be down there taking pictures as well. Conducted an interview with Councilman Jake Gross Monday night to get background information on the construction. Jake was a big help overseeing the projects.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally,

Do you have any historical pictures of the one room schoolhouse that was at the corner of the current Morgan Creek and Anglehart Roads?

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am attempting to find photos of all nine of the one room schools in Lindley. I do have Stowell Hill, Felker Hill, Presho, Station School and Watson Creek,as well as some of the schools with students. If anyone has photos of the other schools -(with or without students),that I can borrow long enough to scan them I will then forward them to Sally to post on her site as well as make copies for the town historian flies

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPs that's files not flies-forgot to proof read.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home